Saturday, May 17, 2008

#15 - The Happy Face Inititative

Hey Guys,

I've been using Ning for awhile and I like Ning a lot so much that I have this blog for the sole purpose of exploring it's network of networks. Although to be fair I've never tried anymore of their competitors like Kickapps, Onesite, and more. So I created using Flux, The Happy Face Initiative. A social network about a supportive community of optimistic people that also is obsessed with the Happy Face.

The default look of a Flux Network isn't as pretty as a Ning network, although there are a couple of nice features that everything is widgetized to seemlessly integrate into your website which gives you some aesthetic flexibility. Although I've heard you can find this kind of flexibility with Kickapps but you have to pay proportional to usage of Kickapps while on flux it's free so that's something to keep in mind. The other nice feature is that ad revenue is shared so it's free and can be a source of revenue, but unless you plan on integrating into your site with widgets I still thin Ning is a much better looking option and still have more features.

Flux has some potential to give Ning some decent competition but it shares a space with kickapps too, so we'll see how it all goes down. Overall, my loyalty to Ning is still in tact though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment